On 19 Oct 2004, at 06:13, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:
--On 18. oktober 2004 12:43 -0400 Michael Richardson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  I wonder if it wouldn't just be simpler to have the WG chair
submit the -00 document themselves,

I've discussed this option with the secretariat, and they think this (having the WG chair submit or forward the document on behalf of the author was the thing suggested) is a very reasonable thing to do - for the spring IETF meeting.

Provided the criteria the secretariat use to check drafts for acceptability are clearly published, so chairs can check that drafts meet those criteria before accepting them for submission (and by this I mean something explicit like "run idnits v1.44 with no nits found and submit by <date>, and we'll guarantee to post the draft").

As a chair, I don't want to be caught in the middle of an argument between an author and the secretariat about what constitutes correct boilerplate.

Colin