I strongly disagree with David's characterization of the IETF, his
characterization of how things should work, his claim that the problem
he has identified should be fixed and the proposed solution.

Consider this a vote of "wrong direction."  If it becomes apparent
that David is attracting significant interest in his proposal then I
will respond in more detail.  Until then I'll try and work on
directions of improving the IETF that I like better.

the only reason I'm writing this message is that I don't want silence
to be taken as agreement in this instance.  Clearly if a number of
people come forward and agree with David then I must either provide
more constructive suggestions or accept that my objection will have
little weight.