On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 12:43:57PM -0500, Henning Schulzrinne wrote:
> >Indeed. Not only is it small, it isn't where corporate bean counters
> >put their attention, which is air fare, hotel, and per diem.
>
> Brian,
>
> this is not universally true. With cheaper air fares and not staying
> in the overpriced Hilton hotel rooms, my IETF65 meeting fee was
> almost exactly the same as my combined hotel and air fare costs. For
> those of us not on corporate expense accounts, it's the total amount
> that matters.

Being trapped away from the IETF hotel for one night by the flood, the
quality of a nearish (5-10 min drive, probably 1h walk) motel was a
little of an eye opener, very similar quality for $69+taxes, and a
bigger bathroom.   Why the Hilton creates such enormous rooms with such
small en-suites is a mystery to me :)

--
Tim/::1