On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 09:10:25AM -0400,
 Joel M. Halpern <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
 a message of 86 lines which said:

> the acknowledgements section was intended for folks who wrote
> pieces, or folks who suggested useful ideas, or provided significant
> useful corrections, etc.  The contributors section was introduced in
> conjunction with the effort to reduce the set of authors to those
> who wrote the primary text.  So Contributors is usually used for
> those who wrote sections of text, but not enough to be authors.

These rules are perfectly reasonable (even if they would cost me my
acknowledgment in draft-ietf-ltru-matching) but:

1) They do not seem to be written somewhere. I cannot find them in the
RFCs talking about RFCs (meta-RFCs? IPODs?).

2) They are not currently applied or enforced, as anyone can see when
comparing a RFC with the work in the WG which created it. (Not a big
deal but good to keep in mind when you read an Ack section.)