I agree. Even in a controlled environment, there is bound to be
software/hardware that does not quite support NEA or specific posture
attributes. In a university environment, while some basic posture
reporting is feasible, there is bound to be a lot of software/hardware
that does not support any NEA parameters. The protection that even the
endhost may be getting from NEA is quite limited.

> In any event, the bottomline is NEA as a solution to "network
> protection" is a leaky bucket at best.

The charter must be clarified to dispel this myth about NEA protecting
the network from anything.

Vidya