    Michael> John C Klensin wrote:
    >> (1) The "supporter" procedure/requirement should be triggered
    >> only is someone shows symptoms of being a vexatious appellant.
    >> People who are entering their first appeals don't trigger it.
    >> People whose last appeal was successful, even in part (that
    >> would need to be defined, of course, and that might not be
    >> easy) don't trigger it.  The only folks who need to look for
    >> supporters are those who have appealed before and whose appeals
    >> have been rejected as without merit.
    >>

    Michael>   Can an appeal be rejected with merit?

Yes.  I think Robert's recent appeal was rejected that way.  I
personally think that Jefsey's appeal against the LTRU registry doc
set was a reasonable appeal although we declined to make any changes.
I suspect many people may disagree with me and argue that this appeal
was without merit.

I think the SPF and Sender ID appeals clearly had merit.  I'm not sure
whether we rejected them though.