Since we started this thread my wireless network has had outage after outage.
It cannot be a coincidence.

WiFi is great when it works, but debuging it is a PITA.

The problem turns out to be that my WiFi router has passed its sell by date. It
won't take new configuration, the flash memory is busted. My experience is that
they are disposable items and last no more than 14 months. Orinocco, Linksys,
Netgear, D-Link, I have had them all and they all die after a remarkably short
life. And the Web configuration mechanisms for every single one is broken.

So given that we have representatives of all the manufacturers here I would
like to ask

1) What product can I buy today that supports IPv6?

2) What product can I buy today that is actually designed for a continuous
service life of 3 years, always on?

My research indicates that the answer to both is 'none that costs less than
$600'.

There is a silver lining however. From the point of view of IPv6 deployment we
have a narrow window of opportunity. If we can develop a Transition-Box (T-Box)
spec now we can expect it to roll out fairly quickly. These boxes simply don't
last more than a few months.They are built cheap and shoddy.

Try to use the end point computer as the transition point and we are stuck
waiting three, five or more years. Much better to leverage the part of the
network that costs circa $50 rather $500-$5000 and currently requires regular
replacement.

That situation won't last, eventually folk are going to humiliate the
manufacturers into raising their game. YouTube is a powerful tool. Quality is
going to have to rise or brands are on the line.