Sri Gundavelli wrote:
> Hi Elwyn,
>
> Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for reviewing the updated
> draft. We will address the two remaining issues. Please
> see inline.

No problem.. I am stuck in a hotel in Toronto, nit getting to IETF. :-(((

Snipped the first issue as that should be fine.

>> Outstanding query: s6.1, bullet 2:  This bullet refers to
>> '*the* interface
>> identifier' and suggests that it might be retrieved from a
>> Router Solicitation.
>>   My original point was that the IID for IPv6 addresses is
>> not necessarily
>> common between the addresses configured on an interface.  My
>> comment was a
>> little glib and the authors glossed over the point in their
>> reply.  I think this
>> bullet may require clarification to indicate which of the
>> IIDs would be implied
>> here.  Particularly if SEND is in use, the IID used for the
>> link local address
>> (that would typically be found in the solicitation) will a.s.
>> differ from the
>> IID used with the address assigned out of the prefix
>> allocated by Proxy MIP.  My
>> original point was to ask the authors to clarify whether
>> ProxyMIP actually cares
>> which IID is used and, accordingly, state either that 'it
>> doesn't matter' or
>> specifically which IID should be transmitted.
>>

> This is the interface identifier (layer-2) and not the L3 identifier.
> This is covered in the terminology section, "Mobile Node Interface
> Identifier (MN-Interface-Identifier)".
>
> The need for the L2 interface identifier (such as MAC address) is
> to predictably identify the interface of a mobile node. The Access
> Technology Type in combination with the interface identifier is
> used as the index field in the BCE.
>
> Looks like this is not implied. We can point to the
> "MN-Interface-Identifier"  term and that should probably make it
> clear.

OK.. I think some clarification is required to make sure that you always
get the same IID.  As specified I didn't grok that it had to be the same
one from wherever the node roams to.

I think a few extra words will sort that out and then we are done.

Thanks
Elwyn