> From: Simon Josefsson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> > Frankly, it strikes me as somewhat odd that a body acting as a
> > standards-setting organization with public impact might allow any
> > technical decision on its specifications to be driven by people
> > operating under a cloak of anonymity. Expressing an anonymous voice?
> > No problem. Influencing determination of a consensus with public
> > impact? That should not be allowed, IMO.
>
> What if the pseudonymous voice raise a valid technical concern, provide
> useful text for a specification, or even co-author a specification?

That's having voice. We can be open to any voice. If a concern has valid
technical merits, then that should be evident to others, and drive a consensus
on its own. But the consensus can still be determined by identifiable people.

> I think decisions should be based on technically sound arguments.

Just so.

> Whether someone wants to reveal their real identity is not necessarily
> correlated to the same person providing useful contributions.

True. But neither is ability to provide useful contributions necessarily
correlated with being counted as part of a consensus.

Peter