After considering the comments so far, I think I disagree with having a
separate Trust chair.

The idea behind making the IAOC be the Trustees was, among other things,
to make sure that we didn't create yet another nexus of control in the
labyrinth of committees; I understood the legal existence of the
Trustees as something different (in name) from the IAOC to be strictly
something we did for legal purposes

If the IAOC chair is overburdened by having to manage the IAOC in two
different contexts, get him (or her) a secretary.

I agree with John's comment that leaving the current trustees in charge
on dissolution of the IAOC is inappropriate; for one thing, that also
removes all the recall mechanisms.
Figure out something else to do in this case.

                           Harald