Lisa, Enrico, Vijay,
Thanks for the clarifications.  I went through the P2PI mailing list and found
some interesting discussions.  There are some topics where I don't yet see
consensus and some of the discussions still seem open.  As Marshall, Sam,
Lakshminath and I have pointed out, I don't yet see a consensus on whether the
ALTO service is a centralized or distributed one.  I also noted some unresolved
discussions on the list on the types of information that can be shared as part
of this service.

As I've already noted, I do support the work and believe it needs to be done.
But, I don't believe we have sorted out all the charter issues yet and focusing
on that discussion would help move this forward.  Instead, I see a lot of
emails reinstating the importance of the work and that it needs to move
forward.  Well, that's clearly not the point of debate at all here, since I
haven't seen anyone say the work is not important.

A couple of notes inline.

The above made me wonder if we are still operating at the IETF :)  We
repeatedly chastize people for writing charters with a solution in mind.  I
think it is extremely premature to talk about specific solutions, editors and
authors - we have more fundamental discussions to be had on scoping the problem
and agreeing to what is going to be solved.  I hope we can do that first.

Regards,
Vidya