The IESG wrote:

The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider the following document:

- 'Internet Mail Architecture '
  <draft-crocker-email-arch-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
ietf@ietf.org mailing lists by 2009-03-26. Exceptionally, comments may be sent to i...@ietf.org instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-crocker-email-arch-11.txt
I've reviewed the latest version and it addresses my earlier comments I've sent to Dave Crocker privately.

I think it is an important document and it is long overdue for publication. While I can see people asking for improvements forever, I think it is important to publish a snapshot ASAP.