ICE sends UDP packets and TCP packets.  I agree they might
create state in a NAT, and state in a NAT is a resource.  But
with that argument my web browser is also doing 'resource
reservation'.

> On the capability negotiation
> front I figure that's just a matter of time.
> (Somebody needs to come up with a cool acronym
> expansion for METASTASIS).

Sure.  But every exensible protocol can do 'capability
negotiation'.  TCP does it: winscale, timestamps, and SACK
are all capabilities that are negotiated during connection
establishment.

-d