>It is 3 changes from FRA, on one of the routes, but no changes from
>AMS or BRU.

To be pedantic, from BRU you take the ten minute airport local from
the airport to the Nord station in town, then an 1:20 intercity to
Maastricht, so there is one change.  The trains run once an hour, no
reservation needed.

>From Schiphol, it's a 1/2 hr train to Utrecht, then transfer across
the platform to a 2 hr train to Maastricht.  Trains run every 1/2
hour, no reservation needed.

I agree that it's not a big deal compared to a lot of other places
I've gone to industry meetings.  If you're really pressed for time,
you can work on the train although I prefer to look out the window at
the cows.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@iecc.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, ex-Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.