On Sep 8, 2009, at 4:13 PM, Polk, William T. wrote:

I believe Sam's suggestion offers a good compromise position: if the IESG and RFC Editor do not come to an agreement, we should last call the proposed IESG Note and let the community determine whether (1) this is an exceptional
case meriting a note and (2) if the text accurately clarifies the
relationship.

Which community, The IETF community or the wider RFC community? And who calls the consensus?

--Olaf

                                       Science Park 140,