2009/10/9 Michael StJohns <mstjo...@comcast.net>

> So no, we're not treating China unfairly in this discussion.  We're not
> holding China to a higher standard, we're questioning - as we must for due
> diligence - whether the standard to which they want to hold the IETF is too
> high or too disjoint from the normal set of standards and practices for IETF
> meetings.

Since the IETF discusses how to make the Internet work better, the only
reason why IETF members could feel worried is that they would intend to
discuss how to build a better working Internet that would be prohibited in
China? Either this means considering splitting the Internet from 1/3 of its
users. Or that the IETF can develop standards that do not take local users'
legitimate and/or legal needs into consideration. Or did I miss something?
What about the legality of a similar case in the USA?

Patrick Suger