On 2010-01-04, at 22:09, John R. Levine wrote:

>>> It would still be nice to put in an explanation of the motivation for
>>> adding SINK.ARPA when its semantics and operations, at least for clients,
>>> appear identical to whatever.INVALID.
>>
>> I don't know that I have anything much to add to my previous answers to that
>> question.
>
> Well, at this point there seems to be no practical difference at all between
> the two, which returns to the question of why we need two different ways to
> do the same thing.

And again, I have no additional answers beyond the ones I gave before. I
suspect the IESG have sufficient data on this particular point to be able to
make their own decision without either of us repeating ourselves further.

Joe

http://www.ietf.org/ibin/c5i?mid=6&rid=49&gid=0&k1=933&k2=49793&tid=1262672174
http://www.ietf.org/ibin/c5i?mid=6&rid=49&gid=0&k1=933&k2=49795&tid=1262672094