On 30 mrt 2010, at 10:15, Marco Davids (Prive) wrote:

> http://www.ietf78.nl/.

Ok, one thing: I strongly recommend AGAINST purchasing any _Dutch_ train
tickets before you travel. (This does not apply to international train tickets!)

The Nethelands is currently making a transition from paper tickets to RFID card
based payment ("OV-chipkaart", similar to the London oyster card) for all forms
of public transport. Depending on how this proceeds the coming months it may be
both cheaper and more convenient to get one of those RFID cards to pay for your
train journey as well as the bus in Maastricht and public transport elsewhere
in the Netherlands, especially Rotterdam (all forms of public transport) and
Amsterdam (the metro) where paper tickets are no longer valid.

I'll prepare information about all of this as soon as I know the transition
status during the IETF week. And in any event, there are no early booking /
online booking discounts for Dutch train tickets, and buying online with Dutch
Railways requires the iDEAL payment system that only Dutch banks use.