On Dec 31, 2010, at 1:41 AM, Fred Baker wrote:

> On Dec 30, 2010, at 1:09 PM, Robin Uyeshiro wrote:
>> The GPS in the rental car (rented in Munich) did not have the street
>> information for Prague.
>
> It's not unusual, or at least it wasn't in 1997, for German rental agencies
> to not permit driving to the Czech Republic. As stated, my information is
> dated. The point is - check your contract.

Before the Czech lands entered the EU (2004) that was very common, and very
strict. (In 1999 I was almost arrested for trying to drive my Hertz car to the
duty-free shop at the border crossing in Linz, Austria - by the Austrians! -
because my rental contract didn't allow for the Czech Republic.) Now, you
should tell your rental agency where you are going, but the last time I rented
a car and drove to Prague, we didn't have any issues at all. There shouldn't
even be a border post any more (since December 2007, the Czech Republic has
been part of the Schengen area).

Regards
Marshall