--On Tuesday, June 07, 2011 04:56 +0000 Barry Leiba
<barryle...@computer.org> wrote:

> We've seen quite a few non-WG mailing lists announced, where
> the title of the list was all we got, and we'd have no idea
> whatsoever if we wanted to subscribe to it.  Please, when we
> send out announcements, let's include enough of a description
> -- even two or three paragraphs, if that's what it takes -- so
> that we can understand what's meant to be discussed, and so
> that we can know whether we want to subscribe.

Agreed.  I certainly wasn't trying to suggest that
zero-information announcements were a good thing, only that we
shouldn't try to prohibit them if an AD believed that was the
right thing to do.

> The announcements for the obscurity-interest and paws lists are
> examples of particularly good ones.  This one and the one for
> "weirds" are particularly lacking.

Especially since it is now apparent that the relevant
information was readily available in both cases: See Jari's note
for this one; in the case of "weirds", three documents are now
in the I-D directory and there is apparently a plan to ask for a
BOF in Quebec.

     john