Italo,

The design team report
(http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/75/slides/mpls-17/mpls-17_files/frame.htm),
with Huub's name as an author, details a plan for MPLS-TP OAM which the MPLS WG
has followed to this day.  I think the report is compelling evidence that the
claim that a packet transport network is an MPLS application that intrinsically
requires a different OAM solution is simply a lame ex post facto attempt to
justify the ITU's abrogation of the agreement with the IETF (TD07 (WP3/SG15)
from December 2008 sourced by SG15):

"The ITU-T accepts these recommendations and states that any extensions to MPLS
technology will be progressed via the IETF standards process using the
procedures defined in RFC 4929 (Change Process for Multiprotocol Label
Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Protocols and Procedures).
Experts from the ITU-T will assist the IETF in the development of RFCs that
describe the transport extensions by providing input to and review of the
drafts as they are progressed via the IETF standards process.. The ITU-T will
develop new or revised Recommendations that will allow IETF MPLS-TP to be
integrated into the transport network including integration with the existing
equipment, and operations infrastructure.  These Recommendations will make
normative references to the base IETF MPLS-TP technology and will be developed
with input from and review by experts from the IETF to ensure consistency with
MPLS-TP...

The ITU-T has accepted the proposals from the JWT and we look forward to
continuing the cooperative development of IETF MPLS to address the needs of the
transport network. We also believe that this resolution will fulfil the mutual
goal of improve the functionality of the internet and transport networks and
guaranteeing complete interoperability and architectural soundness."

Thanks,

John

Sent from my iPhone