On 02/Aug/11 06:52, Hector Santos wrote:
> Keith Moore wrote:
>
>> Repeat as needed; you can always partition the remaining part of
>> the problem again.
>
> It was not a difficult problem.  [...] how to scale the
> authorization of 3rd party signer. [...] But there was a
> fundamental mindset and marketing conflict.  It was a conflict of
> 3rd party resigner market right to exist uncontrolled, unrestricted
> regardless of originating DKIM message claims.

Marketing pressure on IETF protocols may be business as usual, but
DKIM managed to come out pretty cleanly neutral in this respect,
AFAICS[*].

IMHO, a scenario with a few big re-signers would pose more problems
than it can ever solve.  I wish they... resign.  However, managing
reputation without having recourse to a big brother of some sort is no
easy problem.  Since even governments are being blamed for pursuing
personal interests rather than people's needs, solving that will be a
major achievement in democracy.

--
[*] Let's draw a veil over that somewhat confused patent disclosure
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1547/