On 01/03/2012 08:52 AM, George, Wes wrote:
Happy New Year, it's time for our triannual hotel complaint thread.
I hate to do it, but I think that there are people who haven't looked at this
yet, and I'm hoping that we can perhaps rectify it before the majority of folks
try to book:

  "Instructions for making reservations at Hotel Concorde:
Please fill out the reservations form and fax it directly to the hotel at: +33 1 57
00 50 79 or email it to cmas...@concorde-hotels.com"

I crossed my fingers and clicked 'send' of the PDF with my credit card number
in it.
I didn't pay enough attention to the no-refund policy.  :-(

I emailed my reservation on 12/22 and got a confirmation email on 12/26.
So far, my credit card has not been charged anything.

I think there should always be a full-refund cut-off date for the IETF hotel,
even if
it is 2 months in advance.  I thought the cut-off was 15 days, but that is just
for 2 more nights billed in advance, not the first night.

Andy