On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 08:34, John C Klensin <john-i...@jck.com> wrote:

> So, Chris, if you expect this allocation will avoid the costs of
> signing everyone up for IPv6-capable CPE, what is your
> transition plan?  Or are you advocating an IPv4-forever model?
> If the latter, can you explain succinctly to the rest of us how
> you expect it to work?

You snipped the comment I was replying too, and thus the context of my
statement.

What I was replying to was a statement that we should just give
everyone a CPE that could handle the same space inside and outside. My
response was that if we are to replace CPE it should be with IPv6
capable CPE, _not_ CGN tolerant CPE.

What I did not say was anything about prolonging the life of IPv4. In
fact I have argued against that several times, a few in this very
thread.

Hopefully that clears up your confusion.

Cheers,
~Chris

--
@ChrisGrundemann