Is this date right?  The SIDR working group has decided to hold a
virtual interim meeting the day before the IETF, when it is holding a
working group meeting four days later on the 28th?  And it is
announcing this 9 days before the event?

If this date is correct, this seems to violate both the summary
guidance at  http://www.ietf.org/meeting/interim-meetings.html and
both the letter and the spirit of
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/interim-meetings.html .

Many, many people (including me) have booked travel that runs over
this time period, and they cannot thus make even a virtual interim
meeting.

Explanation please?

thanks,

Ted Hardie