John Levine wrote:
> >> You're not going to find cool temperatures again in July or August
> >> unless you go as far south as Argentina or New Zealand.
> >
> >Not only is there life north of the 60th parallel (N), there are
> >even hotels and restaurants and airports.  Anchorage is probably
> >large enough for an IETF meeting, although trying to hold a meeting
> >there during tourist season would almost certainly be a mistake.
> >But still.
>
> I believe it, but remember that the issue was to minimize daylight fasting
> during the North American summer.
>
> Reykjavik is big enough, too, and has the advantage of being roughly
> equally inconvenient to get to from North America and Europe.  We
> could have the social event at the Blue Lagoon.

The issue with Reykjavik is more about is closeness to the Arctic circle.
You don't seem to have a lot of sunset&night there during the summer.

Take into account that ramadan is related to the lunar calender and
is 11 days earlier every year to the next (on the gregorian calendar)
then a hypothetical IETF meeting in Reykjavik, 22th June - 26th June 2015
could turn out "challenging" for some folks.  The currently scheduled
date for IETF 93 is 19-24 July, 2015, so I assume it will be after Ramadan.

-Martin