    Simon> Le 2012-08-08 12:34, Geoff Mulligan a écrit :
    >> I also would vote to return to Minneapolis again and again even
    >> permanently.

    Simon> Does nobody care about going to new places so that new people
    Simon> are exposed to the IETF and may start getting involved?

    Simon> We've seen this positive effect many times when we went
    Simon> outside our comfort zone...

Simon, it *is* important.
But, we don't have to go to a new place every meeting.

If 1/3 meetings are in North America, I see no reason why we can't
return to places that work.  I think the same mostly applies to Europe
as well.  (We don't have to go back to the *same* place every year,
although there are advantages of that.  So a Paris/Prague would be fine,
but please, not Paris in the summer... nor Orlando on spring break)

Let's innovate for that third meeting, realizing that we do not yet
have a preferred place in Asia, or any place in Africa or South America,
but maybe we should.

] m...@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.