I generally agree with Joe. There should be discussion but the
distribution of that discussion between meeting and mailing list is
not significant; however, there must be sufficient opportunity for
objection or additional comments on the mailing list and, in the case
of discussion at a meeting, the meeting notes should be sufficiently
details to give you a feeling for what discussion occurred.

Thanks,
Donald
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 d3e...@gmail.com