The perception is important.
It probably shows many things including "attendance is not participation".

Just for the completely unscientific hell of it, I just counted up the mic-sex
in CCAMP's marathon meetings in Orlando. I counted minuted interventions and
presentations. I counted each intervention in a conversation.

I found a ratio of 7 male to 1 female.

This proves nothing.

Adrian