On Jul 3, 2013, at 12:32 PM, Pete Resnick <presn...@qti.qualcomm.com> wrote:

> On 7/2/13 6:37 PM, l.w...@surrey.ac.uk wrote:
>> Do we have any statistics on how many appeals to the IESG fail and how many
>> succeed?
>>

> My quick read of http://www.ietf.org/iesg/appeal.html:
>
> Accepted: 6
> Denied: 25
> Withdrawn: 1
>
> One appellant appealed 12 times and all of the appeals were denied. One
> appellant appealed 4 times, all denied. One appellant appealed 3 times, all
> denied.
>
> At least two of the accepted appeals resulted in a different remedy than
> requested by the appellant (i.e., adding an IESG Note to a document instead
> of making other changes or rejecting the document).
>
> At least two of the denied appeals were on strictly procedural grounds; one
> came over two months after the action, one was appealing an IAB decision that
> was out of jurisdiction for the IESG to decide.
>
> Interpret the above as you see fit.

Thank you -- another worthwhile thing to do is look at who all has appealed and
ask yourself "Do I really want to be part of this club?"

Other than a *very* small minority of well known and well respected folk the
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/appeal.html page is basically a handy kook reference.

--
It is impossible to sharpen a pencil with a blunt axe.  It is equally vain
to try to do it with ten blunt axes instead.