On Jul 16, 2013, at 11:03 AM, John C Klensin <john-i...@jck.com> wrote:
> And, if it is not and it is chosen anyway
> (either deliberately after considering other factors or out of
> ignorance), who is accountable and to whom?

Part of the value of writing a document like this is to capture the issues in
such a way that the venue can answer the question "can you accommodate our
needs" accurately.   Dietary health issues are very important, and not
everybody has the level of expertise that would allow them to even know that
they were giving an incorrect answer to a question about them, so the better
the questions you can ask, the more likely it is that we will avoid problems.
If there is someone to blame or to be accountable, it's already too late, and
furthermore there's absolutely no benefit to someone feeling bad about getting
it wrong, or getting yelled at because they got it wrong.   Certainly on our
side of the negotiation everybody _wants_ to get it right, and I seriously
doubt that that would not be the case for the operators of a meeting venue
either.