I object to the removal of the SPF record.

Name servers already have access controls down to the granuality
of TYPE.  If this draft proceeds as currently described it is forcing
name server vendors to access controls at the sub TYPE granuality.

With SPF lookup first I can specify the SPF policy using SPF and
leave TXT free for other uses without having to worry about the
records being misinterpeted.

SPF validators MUST NOT proceed to a TXT lookup on SERVFAIL for SPF.
This is similar to not proceeding to A/AAAA lookups on MX lookup
failures.

I would also suggest that there be a sunset date published for the
use of TXT for SPF.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC