On 08/23/2013 04:34 PM, John Levine wrote:

>> I don't know of any (at least ones that are used in the global dns
>> namespace), and I would like to still not know of any in 2033.
>>

> Since we agree that the issue you're worried about has not arisen even
> once in the past decade, could you clarify what problem needs to be
> solved here?

prevented, not solved. I would like to prevent someone from having to
submit a draft specifying that in the case of TXT, the (name, class,
type)-tuple should be extended with the first X octets from the RDATA
fields, somewhere in the future, because client-side demuxing is getting
too buggy and it seems like a good idea to select specific records in
the DNS itself.

Jelte