From: ifeffit-boun...@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov
[ifeffit-boun...@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov] on behalf of Zhaomo Tian
[zhaomo1...@postech.ac.kr]
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:23 AM
To: ifeffit@millenia.cars.aps.anl.gov
Subject: [Ifeffit] The degeneracy and the coordination number

Dear all,

I am confused about the degeneracy and the coordination number used in the
Artemis program.
I want to get the coordination number of 1st shell of my copper sample, so I
set a guess number N1=12(initial guess) as the coordination number which will
vary during the fitting iteration, but when I am looking at the 1st path's
parameters, there is another N appear which may stand for the degeneracy.The
1st path of copper model is single scattering, so the degeneracy N equals
coordination number . But when I set N=12, the guessed N1 will have a value
which is closed to 1, only when I set N=1, the guessed N1 will have a value
which is closed to 12. It seems that N and N1 are reciprocals. But I think N
actually equals N1 in the single scattering case.

So I am really confused, If I want to get coordination number of a shell in a
fitting, how can I deal with floated coordination number and its path
degeneracy N?

Thanks so much.