Hi all,

I am using Athena (version: 08.058) to study the changes in the XANES profiles
as a function of temperature of an organometallic compound containing Fe. I
have a problem with the E0 value suggested by Athena : I noticed that it is not
taking the same maximum in the first derivative.
I am sending 2 examples of xanes taken at RT ( E0 guessed is 1722.8 eV ) and 10
K  (1727.3 eV !), can any one help me please to solve this problem ? should I
force athena to take the first maximum at 1722 eV ?
I  tough that  my spectra  have been properly calibrated:  I first calibrated
the  iron foil -reference channel (E0=1712 eV) of a sample xanes and then I
aligned the rest of the reference channels to that one. I though this was
enough to calibrate my data.  can you please tell me if my data processing is
correct?

I need to be sure about the E0 value in order to know the correct shift of the
different xanes features as a function of temperature. Also, with a wrong E0
the normalization is not correct...did I miss an important step?

I am having hard time with these basic questions...before using  linear
combination analysis and peak fitting analysis. Of course I have already looked
in the IFFEFIT archive, but I did not find such problem. I only found a
question about a wrong E0 because taken before the edge which is not my case.

Thanks so much for your time,

Bahia