Dear colleagues,

Probably similar questions were already asked, but nevertheless I would
appreciate some advice how to solve the problem.

We are looking at Fe environment in complex glasses, which underwent partial
crystallization. A fraction of Fe has precipitated as spinel-like nanocrystals,
another fraction remains in glass. Spinel itself is already challenging for
XAFS, but our task is to understand the Fe fraction in glass (e.g., Fe-O bond
length).

We do not know the exact composition of the crystalline phases, thus we can not
record a suitable standard. Does anybody have an idea how could we try to
separate the Fe in glass from Fe(cryst) contributions?

I fully realize that the problem is ill-posed, perhaps, some people had somehow
solved this problem.

Thanks a lot,
Andrei Shiryaev

Instituteof Physical Chemistry