For Al:K edge is rather hard to find a dedicated beamline for XAS. Of course are few where it can be measured, like in Bessy, Berlin U41-PGM, or BL1A in UV-SOR, Okazaki, Japan, or BACH in Elettra, Trieste, Itally. I do not how is situation in America, sorry. In this energy region you have to measure in fluorescence, or which is typical, in total electron yield (TEY). The sample, as your is, has to be be conductive, and have a good electrical contact with sample holder. Experimental geometry depends strongly on the vacuum chamber and available instruments. At this energy can be visible effect of surface contamination, especially for TEY, but must not. Sometimes LN2 cryostat is also available.
is something more to add?
kicaj