It must be a slow day in the EXAFS world.  Does the term 'topic drift' mean
anything? :-)
The Wikipedia entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosanna has some examples of
secular use of the word, FWIW, which I admit isn't much.
        mam

On 12/5/2013 2:02 PM, Matt Newville wrote:
Hi Anatoly,

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 12:28 PM, Anatoly I Frenkel <afren...@yu.edu> wrote:
I object the use of "hosannas of adoration". Other than the use of Greek
mythology, I propose the mailing list to be religion-neutral and tautology-free.

Is "Down the rabbit hole" OK?   I'm not sure it usually counts as a
religious text to you, but I'm rather fond of Alice's Adventures and
find it to many useful words to live by.  I don't read it as being
True (in the religious sense that De Rerum Natura,The Odyssey, Don
Quixote, Moby Dick, The Lord of the Rings, and the works of Jorge Luis
Borges and Bob Dylan are), but it does seem somewhat more realistic
and useful than some of those other standard texts from antiquity.

That could just be me. I certainly mean no offense to anyone's belief
system.... ;)

--Matt