Dear Sir,
The new release is working fine in windows 7 64 bit. I was able to re-open
a saved file. Thank you very much.
However, there is one more problem happening. When I re-open a previous
file and simply press on save and then close it (I did not do anything else
at all), all the data is lost. My file size which was 179KB, reduced to 1KB
and when I re-opened it, there was nothing stored in it. There is no
problem if I do more fitting and then save the data. This is a minor
problem but a dangerous as one might lose all his hard-work done in fitting
the data.

@Matt Newville:
I had included a dataset while creating the sample file, but strangely only
the Feff input file was stored. I guess the dataset is not saved until we
actually run a fit.
Also, the problem of not being able to re-open saved project was not only
with an empty fits, but also with files with actual fits in them. However,
this has been resolved with the new release
https://s3.amazonaws.com/demeter4xas/Demeter_Installer_for_Windows_0.9.20_pre5.exe.
<https://s3.amazonaws.com/demeter4xas/Demeter_Installer_for_Windows_0.9.20_pre5.exe>

-- Thanks & Regards,
Badari Narayana. A. R.
Ph.D Student, Nanoscience and Nanotechnology,
c/o Prof Rajeev Ranjan,
Electroceramics Lab,
Department of Materials Engineering,
Indian Institute of Science.