Hi Karin,

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 8:04 AM, Karin Julius <karin.jul...@tu-dortmund.de>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to do a quick first shell fit with Artemis for my EXAFS
> measurement of 0.1 M auqeous solution of RbCl.
> I'm especially interested in the first hydration shell of the Rb ion.
> So I made an atoms input file with Rb and O in Rock salt structure. But
> how do I consider the Cl ion in the quick first shell fit? I don't think I
> can overlook the scattering on the Cl ions.
>

> Best regards, Karin

You'll need to make a scattering path for Rb-Cl, say starting with the RbCl
crystal structure.   Then, you'll want to fit the first shell with a
mixture of Rb-O and Rb-Cl, possibly allowing the relative amount of Rb-O to
vary in the fit.   There are lots of examples of doing that, but the first
step is to make the Rb-O and Rb-Cl scattering paths.

--Matt