On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 1:22 PM, Bruce Ravel <bra...@bnl.gov> wrote:

> This:
>
>    use_plugin_path('xafs')
>    from feffdat import feffpath
>
> works as expected.  It adds the path to larch's xafs plugins into the
> search path and imports "feffdat" such that it can be used in the
> namespace of the plugin I am working on.
>
> This fails
>
>    use_plugin_path('wx')
>    from plotter import newplot, plot

That should be, for reasons I can't justify well, be

    from plotter import _newplot, _plot

That is, from python you have to import the python function name
(_newplot(), probably unfortunate), whereas the registerLarchPlugin()
function remaps Python function names to Larch function names.

Sorry for the confusion.  Using 'newplot()' would have been better, but it
might be best to not change it at this point.

--Matt