Hi Bruce,

Thank you for your help. Yes, it happens consistently to me, but sometimes I did the same thing and it won't happen. So I was confused.

Best,
Yanyun
Quoting Bruce Ravel <bra...@bnl.gov>:

On 08/28/2014 07:51 PM, huyan...@physics.utoronto.ca wrote:
I encountered a serious problem with saving an Artermis project on my
windows 8 64bit desktop. When I am ready to finish my fitting work, I
click to save the log file, and go to main window to choose -File-'save
project as...', and then close Artemis. But when I reopen this saved
project, the Path Page lost all information for each path, and the
'Include path' button has been surprisingly unchecked for all path. The
GDS page have all information there. This happened to me several times,
but it seems sometime the PathPage data is saved and sometime is not,
although I think I was doing the exact something.

I attached one of my artemis project file and the most recent log file I
saved before I close the program. Can anyone have a look and tell me
what I did wrong? As my work is proceeding, this would be a very serious
problem if I cannot save my 'hardwork'.

Yanyun,

I know what is causing the behavior your are observing, but I do not
know how you got to this point.  In short, the problem with your
project file is that the mechanism that Artemis uses to path pages to
paths from the feff caluclation has become completely unhinged.  Even
though each path is defined in a reasonable way (in the sense of
having sensible math expressions for all the path parameters), every
path fails to point correctly to the feff calculation.

I was able to reproduce this problem by re-running the Feff
calculation then immediately saving the project file.  Is this what
happened?

This is a rather obvious avenue for failure.  It's suprising to me
that I've never thought of this before and that no one has ever before
complained about that.

I think I may be able to recover your project file -- I'll take a look
and let you know.

 Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS --- Beamlines U7A, X24A, X23A2
 Building 535A
 Upton NY, 11973