Hi all,

This is about the repeated Deglitching issues on Athena but only for latest Mac versions.

I know it is frustrating to be asked the same question over and over again, so I checked the mailing list several times all the way to the oldest mail dated "August 15, 2010". And, to my searching ability, issues regarding deglitching on Athena on mac have not been addressed.

If it is already discussed, I apologise in advance and please kindly direct me to the discussion.

I am working on the latest Demeter for "Mac version 0.9.22" on "OS X El Capitan, version 10.11”.

The following discussion were the only ones that I could find. They are on exactly the same issues but on Windows [Sathish on Dec, 2013 / Shoaib May, 2015 / Martina or Robert Gordon Sep, 2015 / Eva October, 2015].

The problem that I am facing is the same as issues described before but on Mac. So I will describe it below.

After moving to the "Deglitch and Truncate Data” window and choosing Chi(E) the data is plotted as “line plot” not the “blue dots”. I am assuming the second option is the proper one since that is how it appears in Windows or other working versions. That is the first issue.

After clicking “Choose point” and double clicking on the plot, the cross hair falls on the E0 value not on the data point (not on the glitch). That is the second issue. I have attached a screen shot image, if it will help to visualise the problem. Also project file with two data glitches is attached.

The closest information I got from the mailing list was from the conversation started by “Shoaib” on May 2015 for Windows versions. Bruce suggested a short work around fix by playing with the E0 value. I tried to make a bald trial of moving the E0 to the point where the glitch is, hoping the cross hair falls on the glitch data point. But that created unrealistic plots since the glitch was close to the end of the collected data points (in E). Altering the "DeglitchTruncate.pm" file in the installation directory was a clever solution by Shoaib but I am not sure how to do that on Mac.

Thanks
Wuhib

PS: I know some users are sending amateur emails with insufficient information but some of us are debutant researchers/students (not seasoned researchers) and will learn from our mistakes. Please be kind and polite when suggesting the correct way to do it even though it is already on http://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/pods/bugs.pod.html or other locations. Thank you.