One additional thought:

Distinguishing Ni-Ni and Ni-Fe by creating two different feff paths and fitting
the spectrum as a mixture of the two is very difficult, to put it mildly, as
both Anatoly and Matt indicated.

But the bond length determined by your fit may be able to give you a clue,
particularly when compared to appropriate standards. Depending on the details
of your structure, the average bond length may depend on the fraction of sites
occupied by iron to a degree which is measurable by EXAFS. Even if you simply
use a nickel-nickel scattering path in feff to model your structure,
differences in bond length could be indicative of changes in site occupancy.

Ideally, this could be done by creating a series of standards with known
iron-nickel ratios, fitting the bond length for each, and then comparing a fit
of a sample with a similar structure but unknown iron-nickel ratio to the
results for the standards.

—Scott Calvin
Sarah Lawrence College