Dear all,

I hope that I am writing this in the correct place, and if I am not, I
apologize. The problem I'm having is pretty much summed up in the Subject line.
I'm analyzing some experimental EXAFS data in Athena, and it seems that ticking
the "phase correction" box has no effect on my Forward Fourier transform. Has
anybody run into this problem, and if so, were you able to fix it? The material
I'm studying is amorphous SmCo. Could it be that having multiple backscattering
species or a lack of crystalline structure causing problems for the phase
correction?

More generally, I'm wondering how exactly this phase correction is determined
anyway. If used, is it the sort of thing that can put the first peak in my FT
fairly close to the true nearest neighbor distance? Perhaps a better phrased
question is: when can the phase transformation be expected to give a
quantitatively accurate radial distribution (in terms of peak positions), and
when is it more likely to only be qualitatively useful? Also, I would have
assumed that a backscattering species would need to be given in order to
calculate the phase shift, but I haven't found anywhere to do that. Have I
missed something?

Thank you for any help in advance!

Regards,
Sebastian