Hi Raj,

I don’t have an easy way to read Artemis files on my computer at the moment, so
I haven’t looked directly at those. But looking at your Word document, I’m
puzzled by a couple of things:

  *   You have different E0’s for the nearby oxygens from more distant shells.
That can be defensible in some cases. But the strange thing is that the values
are identical in different fits, as if you’re setting them to some value. How
did you choose those values?
  *   I downloaded a YbVO4 structure from the Crystallographic Open Database
and ran it in WebAtoms. While I wouldn’t expect it to generate identical values
to those from your model, it does show much greater splitting between the
nearest-neighbor oxygens (at 2.27 A) and the next-nearest (2.56 A). Your model
has 2.28 A and 2.39 A. That’s quite different. Are you sure you entered the
starting structure right?

Best,

Scott Calvin
Lehman College of the City University of New York

On Jan 5, 2017, at 3:12 PM, Raj kumar