Windows users:

I got an interesting bug report today from a fellow who develops a popular open source program for vector graphics editing (Inkscape).

Apparently, there is a problem in Demeter's installer that has an impact on the ability of that program (and possibly others) in accessing system font files. The issue with Inkscape is described here: https://github.com/bruceravel/demeter/issues/51

I mention this here on the mailing list in an effort to help the folks who maintain Inkscape.

If you use Demeter and Inkscape on your Windows machine, there is a problem and it is my fault :(

The simplest solution is to uninstall Demeter, then continue using Inkscape.

If that's not true or if someone needs a better solution right now, post here and I will help you work out a solution.

I think the real fix to the problem is simple and I will work on a new installer this month.

Cheers,

 Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II
 Building 743, Room 114
 Upton NY, 11973