Le 14.11.2017 15:32, Zhang, Guanghui a écrit :
Jun,
You can find many of Bruce's presentations on XAS through this link.
http://bruceravel.github.io/XAS-Education/ [1]

Bruce also wrote a very nice Artemis user's guide. I would suggest
you to take a look.
https://bruceravel.github.io/demeter/documents/Artemis/index.html [2]

Good luck!

--

Regards,
Guanghui

At 2017-11-14 14:21:38, "Jun Ge" <gejun1...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bruce

I'm a learner for XAS data analysis because of the need of
scientific research.

I have been to SLAC in San Francisco three times last year and
collected some XAS data of samples and models in Beamline 7-3. This
summer, I began to learn how to analyze these XAS data.

My professor used to use WinXAS to analyze data. But this time he
asked me to learn Athena. He thinks use two different softwares can
double check the result.

After the data pro-processing, including background remove and data
normalization, etc., I save each spectrum in the form .txt.
However,
IN THE SAME ENERGY RANGE AND SAME FILE OF SAMPLE AND MODELS, THE
RESULT OF LCF PERFORMED BY WINXAS AND ATHENA WAS TOTALLY DIFFERENT!
I try to solve this problem for a long time but no progress was
made. So I turn to you and Ressler (the author of WinXAS) for help.
I guess may be the algorithm is different between your Athena with
WinXAS, but I'm not sure. With great experience in XAS data
analysis, I think it's easy for you to solve this problem, isn't
it?

By the way, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIT THE COORDINATION NUMBER IN
ANOTHER SOFTWARE CALLED ARTEMIS in the software package of Demeter.
I was told by Artemis that the coordination number can only be a
number not alphabet. So I have no idea how to do this (yeah, I'm
really a noob orz). And I don't know how to set the parameter more
correctly to run a excellent Feff fit. So could you please help me?

Finally, I WANT TO LEARN XAS DATA ANALYSIS SYSTEMATICALLY. SO COULD
YOU PLEASE RECOMMEND ME SOME REFERENCES LIKE BOOKS OR PAPERS?

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help and your precious time!

Sincerely,
Jun Ge

Links:
------