Would it be helpful, then, to do something like this in some appropriate place?

  import warnings
  warnings.filterwarnings("ignore",".*No handlers could be found*")

On 02/06/2018 06:35 PM, Matt Newville wrote:
Hi Bruce,

On Tue, Feb 6, 2018 at 4:14 PM, Ravel, Bruce <bra...@bnl.gov <mailto:bra...@bnl.gov>> wrote:

    Matt,

    When Larch starts, what is meant by warnings like this:

       No handlers could be found for logger "pyFAI.opencl.common"

    or

       No handlers could be found for logger "pyFAI.gui.matplotlib"

    The first one went away by installing python's opencl interface -- a
    rather sizable prerequisite! I haven't figured out how to make the
    second one happy.

I see the first one on lots of machines.   It's an obnoxious warning message from pyFAI about functionality we don't actually use.

I don't see the second one very often.  I suspect that is because it really means "could not import one of the Python-Qt variations", which the pyFAI GUI probably uses. Again, we don't actually need this functionality in Larch, so it is an obnoxious warning message.

Both warnings are harmless.

--Matt

 Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II
 Building 743, Room 114