Hi Matt,

the rebin screen was just to show the number of data points.

We used column 1 as energy and column 9 as numerator; data type ‘xanes’; no
preprocessing.
Overall we used identical parameters in 0.9.25 and 0.9.26

The “plan” is to do the standard calibration and normalization steps, but we
lose data points by just importing the data. In the example Kathy sent, we go
from 275 “real” points to 109 imported points.

This effect appears with all Spec files we have tested (measured at different
times and to different beamlines -> different number of columns).

Importing data from FEFF and FDMNES works, we get the same number of points as
in the ascii file.

I also tried the XAS Viewer in Larch (0.9.37), which read all points of the
Spec file. I exported the data as Athena project and .csv
Importing the project file into Athena works and the “about current group”
function shows 275 points. However, nothing can be plotted, the plot window
stays on the overview from the import screen.
The csv file contains all 275 points, but importing to Athena again reduces it
to 109 points.

Tim